March 14, 2020.
After much deliberation, we are saddened that we must postpone Poseidon Ball 2020 due to Covid-19. The safety of our clients is our first concern. Cunard’s new temporary cancellation policy makes it the right time to take this decision. By law, we cannot cancel your cruise without a written email from each one of you. Please email email@example.com
In this ever-changing environment, we understand that you may well feel in need of some added flexibility. Please read on to consider your options and the recent enhancements made by Cunard and by Poseidon Ball to our respective cancellation policies. Cunard is temporarily offering the following terms if you cancel your cruise before Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
1) You will receive 87.5% of your cruise payment in the form of a cash refund to your credit card. It will take 10 to 14 business days to appear on your credit card.
2) The remaining 12.5% will be given to you by Cunard in the form of an FCC (future cruse credit) for travel booked no later than December 2021 and for travel taken no later than March 2022.
3) You may use the 12.5% towards our next Poseidon Ball – May 2021 – or you may choose to keep it as a credit for a future booking of your choosing.
4) If you prefer to continue with the cruise as planned Cunard will provide a $300USD credit per stateroom as an incentive. Note that Poseidon Ball will not take place in 2020.
Dance fees and heat entries are always non-refundable. Resulting from this unprecedented global crisis, we at Poseidon have agreed
1) Dance fees – all dance fees can be rolled over as an FDC (future dance credit) to a future Poseidon ball to be held up to and including December 2021.
2) Dance Entry fees – can be rolled over as well to our next Poseidon Ball or to any one of our social dance cruises taking place prior to December2020.
For those of you who wish to book our next Poseidon Ball – May 3 to 7, 2021 sailing out of Southampton, your FCC (future cruise credit) can be used for the down payment. Our May 3, 2021 cruise is less expensive than the current one. Cabins will start at $700.00, We plan to create a spectacular event with a pre-cruise night dance party in the UK, connecting our UK friends with our North American friends.
Important note: Offers from Cunard and Poseidon Ball are NOT retroactive to guests who have cancelled before this notice. Cunard’s current refund policy and Poseidon Ball’s current policy are both temporary and might change at any time.
Please make make your decisions sooner rather than later. As with most challenges in life we plan to emerge stronger. Wishing our friends and clients good health and safety. We look forward to sharing good times with you in the future.
These are difficult times and we thank you for your understanding.
Renata, Igor, Eva