We have listed our top choices of preferred hotels in Peru in both the luxury and premium categories.
Posts Tagged ‘peru vacations’
The beauty of Paracus: Peru’s often overlooked destination
By Eva Stelzer
It’s extremely popular to want to tick off those “10,000 places to see before you die,” but when you do travel to a bucket list destination, be sure to seek out nearby places that give you something exceptional to remember and talk about with your friends.
When one more friend says they’re going to Machu Picchu, you want to tell them also to visit the desert peninsula of Paracas, Peru’s often missed destination of exquisite beauty, just 260 miles south of Lima.
Paracas is where miles of sand dunes meet the bluest of seas. The Paracas National Reserve on the Ica Peninsula is a coastal subtropical desert. There is no public transportation to get there, but a group or private tour can be arranged for you. Considered one of the richest and most unique ecosystems in the world, Paracas is for people who love nature, want to see the desert, and are interested in the wildlife. A marine reserve is dedicated to the protection and the conservation of the sea ecosystems, as well as for the protection of the cultural and historical patrimony of the pre-Incan Paracas culture.
“Considered one of the richest and most unique ecosystems in the world, Paracas is for people who love nature, want to see the desert, and are interested in the wildlife.”
Highlights Peru Travel Tailor-made
Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley
- Trace the path of the ancient Inca civilization. Walk along a part of the Inca trail. Visit the protected site of Machu Picchu, one of the world’s most remarkable archaeological wonders.
- Visit The Sacred Valley of the Incas , undoubtedly a key area of settlement to the Incas. Today the Sacred Valley remains a lush agricultural region and an area where many of the Andean people live as they have for centuries.
- Explore the colorful Pisac Indian Market filled with local handicrafts and the famed Peruvian ceramic beads made into necklaces, earrings and other Peruvian artifacts.
- Investigate extraordinary ruins, walk along cobbled streets, and become acquainted with Spanish colonial history.
This is a Tailor-made journey. Contact our concierge service for assistance. Click on the PDF for a detailed itinerary sample.
We offer travel anywhere in the world through our concierge service. Tell us where in the world you want to go and we’ll make it happen.* We have some amazing ready-to- book adventures to choose from. Or, if you’re looking for something more customized then let us design a tailor-made journey. Our custom adventures let you fit as much in as possible or take things at a relaxed pace, combine culture with sports, photography with nature, and more… just ask.
The Benefits of Tailor-Made Travel
- Travel at your own pace – fit more (or less) into your time
- Concentrate on what interests you
- Get personalized advice from the experts
- Save money by only including things you really want
- Stay at the hotels of your choice
- Select where and when meals are included
*Note: Our custom journeys are for travel using 4 star, 5 star and luxury properties only.
Click on one of the country’s below to discover some of our most popular ready-to-book world travel adventures. Want something custom, want more information about world travel, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awesome Machu Picchu in Peru.