Highlights Peru Travel Tailor-made
Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley
- Trace the path of the ancient Inca civilization. Walk along a part of the Inca trail. Visit the protected site of Machu Picchu, one of the world’s most remarkable archaeological wonders.
- Visit The Sacred Valley of the Incas , undoubtedly a key area of settlement to the Incas. Today the Sacred Valley remains a lush agricultural region and an area where many of the Andean people live as they have for centuries.
- Explore the colorful Pisac Indian Market filled with local handicrafts and the famed Peruvian ceramic beads made into necklaces, earrings and other Peruvian artifacts.
- Investigate extraordinary ruins, walk along cobbled streets, and become acquainted with Spanish colonial history.
This is a Tailor-made journey. Contact our concierge service for assistance. Click on the PDF for a detailed itinerary sample.
Peru tailor-made travel* features the best of Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley and can include any other destination in Peru that you would like to add to your trip. Check out the PDF for a perfect luxury itinerary in the land of the Incas.
*The Benefits of Tailor-Made Travel
- Travel at your own pace, fit more (or less) into your time.
- Concentrate on what interests you.
- Get personalized advice from the experts.
- Save money by only including things you really want.
- Stay at the hotels of your choice.
- Select where and when meals are included.
Below is one of our more popular Peru travel tailor-made itineraries.
DAY 1 CUSCO/SACRED VALLEY
Our guides greet you at the airport in Cusco and transfer you to your hotel in the Sacred Valley. Stop enroute at the Pisac market and be immediately immersed into Inca culture.
Suggested Accommodations: Hotel Sagrado Rio or Hotel Tambor
DAY 2 SACRED VALLEY
Hike from the Maras Salt Mines down into the Sacred Valley. Explore the Inca Fortress at Ollantayambo, a massive stone structure, perfectly sculpted into the mountain side by ancient Incan craftsman. After hiking through the ruins, we take a walking tour of the quaint Peruvian town below and enjoy a short visit to one of the most beautiful towns in the Sacred Valley, with its cobblestone streets and town square. Afternoon at leisure.
We will stop to visit local weavers, learn about the 2,000 year old weaving techniques of the Incas, and the importance to contemporary Andean culture. http://www.textilescusco.org/eng/index.htm We will enjoy lunch together at a specially chosen restaurant. In the afternoon, we visit a ceramic seminario where you can see finished products of pre-Columbian ceramic replicas.
Suggested Accommodations: Hotel Sagrado Rio or Hotel Tambor (B)
DAY 3 SACRED VALLEY/MACHU PICCHU
Peru travel tailor-made journeys include your first class train reservations all the way to Aguas Caliente. For those who want to be more active, get off at marker 104 and enjoy an 8 hour day hike along the Inca trail Enter Machu Picchu through the Inca sun gate.
Suggested Accommodations: Sanctuary Lodge or Inkaterra (B, L, D)
DAY 4 MACHU PICCHU/CUSCO
Meet with your guide at breakfast and take an early morning walking tour of Machu Picchu. Early risers can enjoy a short hike in Machu Picchu itself, following ancient Inca pathways. Indulge in a farewell lunch at the Inkaterra, followed by a late departure for the train station and onto Cusco on the Vistadome or Hiram Bingham Train. Our return to Cusco is late due to the length of the train ride.
Suggested Accommodations: Hotel Monasterio (B)
DAY 5 CUSCO
Half day tour of Cusco. Afternoon flight back to Lima or extend your stay in historic and exciting Cusco. (B)
B= breakfast included, L=lunch included, PicL=picnic lunch included, D=Dinner included
All bookings through Garth Allen Marksted Travel, Quebec Licensee.
* Important Note: In order to preserve the environment, permits for the Inca trail are limited and are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend booking at least 120 days in advance in order to obtain a permit.
* Tailor-made travel can begin and end whenever you like. Stay longer in one place and less time in another. Choose the level of hotel that meets with your needs. When traveling to Machu Picchu, you may want to consider arriving a day before the trip starts to better adjust to the effects of high altitude.