Fly over Everest, visit Kathmandu and hike the Annapurna Mountains
We are deeply saddened by the recent earthquakes in Nepal. The loss of life and livelihood is tragic. If you are interested in helping please click here to make a secure donation to help the people of Nepal.
- Be inspired by the incomparable Mount Everest.
- Walk through the streets of Kathmandu and take in the exquisite architecture of Durbar Square.
- In Pokhara you’ll see the last ancestral home of the Nepalese dynasty.
- See the sunrise over mountains that have for centuries been revered by the Nepalese and have captivated the imagination of Westerners.
- Trek through terraced hills and past small villages, still home to local mountain people.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL KATHMANDU
Upon arrival in Kathmandu proceed to clear customs and then to the exit where you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. You will have a short briefing and a Q&A. Time permitting there is time for a short orientation walk.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Dwarika Hotel In Kathmandu http://www.dwarikas.com
DAY 2: KATHMANDU
Today you are taken on a tour of Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambhunath Stupa. The stunning architecture of Kathmandu Durbar Square and the complex of palaces, courtyards and temples, built in 1200 to 1768 A.D., used to be the seat of the ancient Malla kings of Kathmandu. You will experience that which epitomizes the religions and cultural life of the people. Continue to Swayambhunath west of Kathmandu. The great stupa of Swayambhunath which is considered to be over 2500 years old marks the point where the legendary patriarch Manjushri discovered the lotus of the ancient valley lake. Constructed to specific rules each with a symbolic meaning, the stupa of Swayambhunath is a model of its kind.
An early morning Mountain Flight to see Everest and the central Himalayas up close is possible today.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Dwarika Hotel In Kathmandu (B)