Half Day and Full Day Tours Available
Buenos Aires is an amazing international city that can be visited on its own for a few days, in combination with travel to other parts of Argentina, or as place to spend a week or two as one would in Paris, London, or New York. With a rich tango culture, opera culture, exceptional museums, exquisite architecture,superb gastronomy, and an outdoor cafe life, Buenos Aires is a city of great intrigue and elegance.
Consult our concierge service to plan your Buenos Aires adventure. Read from our list of highlights to be enjoyed. We recommend between 3 and 4 nights in Buenos Aires, more if you really like to get a sense of place or if you plan to try some tango. Our half day and full day tours are available year-round.
- La Boca and the brightly colored houses of ‘La Caminita’ street.
- Enjoy a night at the Teatro Colón Opera House, noted as one of the best acoustic halls in the world. Tours of this lavishly decorated hall available.
- Go relic hunting at the weekly antique market in San Telmo. Look for hidden gems on San Telmo’s main street, the Calle Defensa. You can find interesting antiques in the shops tucked away around every corner, many at bargain prices. (Hang on to your wallet as pickpockets are very talented).
- On market day you’ll see locals of all ages dancing tango in the streets.
- Visit the iconic Recoleta Cemetery, burial home of Evita Peron.
- Take in a tango show and prepare to be wowed. Or, try your own dancing feet at a milonga. If your not sure how to dance, let our concierge service organize a taxi dancer to twirl you around the dance hall. Carlos Gardel was to tango what Elvis was to rock ‘n’ roll. He is probably the most prominent figure in the history of ballroom dance. For tango aficionados, the Museo Casa Carlos Gardel, celebrates his legendary years in Buenos Aires, and you can pay your respects to him at the Cementerio la Chacarita.
A typical 4-hour tour
MORNING CITY TOUR – HIGHLIGHTS OF BUENOS AIRES – 4 hours
Private tour in English: A fascinating 4-hour tour of the elegant turn-of-the-century districts that earned Buenos Aires the title “ Paris of South America.” You will discover the charming cobbled alleys and colonial architecture of San Telmo along to the Plaza de Mayo, dominated by the Casa Rosada (Government House). Your tour also covers the trendy Palermo and colourful area of La Boca. We conclude with the Nación Bank, the Cathedral and original Parliament House, up the leafy Avenida de Mayo towards the imposing grandeur of the Palace of Congress and then on to the historically fascinating Recoleta Cemetery. You will discover the facts, stories and anecdotes that make up the colourful tapestry of the history of Buenos Aires.